By: Allison Lowe, assistant sports information director
COLUMBUS, Ohio– The Capital men's soccer team battled Denison University to a 0-0 double overtime draw on Wednesday night at Bernlohr Stadium. The Crusaders wrap up their fourth match 3-0-1, while the Big Red sit at 3-1-1 in 2019.
- Capital came out strong in the first half with four shots compared to Denison's two.
- Each team earned a single corner opportunity in the first, but neither side could break through, leaving the contest tied up at zero.
- In the second, Capital had another five shots, but could not break the draw.
- Early in the first overtime, senior defender Greg Knox took a shot wide in hopes of putting the Crusaders on the board.
- Junior goalkeeper Kyle Morais had a phenomenal save to keep Capital alive in OT1.
- Sophomore forward Sam Spirk took a shot in the 109th minute that was blocked, in an attempt to put the Crusaders ahead.
- Kyle Morais had his third shutout of the season.
- Capital was called for 11 fouls.
- Capital had a total of 12 shots, five of which were on frame.
- Tonight's match marked the third overtime contest of the season for the Crusaders.
Capital will play the College of Wooster on Wednesday, Sept. 18 at Bernlohr Stadium. Kickoff is set at 7:00 p.m.