By: Allison Lowe, assistant sports information director
ADA, Ohio– Capital Women's Soccer fell to Wheaton College, 3-0, in their first road match of the season Friday at Kerscher Stadium. The Crusaders now sit at 1-1-0.
- Capital came out with an edge, with senior forward Jordan Fike taking the first shot on goal of the match.
- Wheaton took the early lead. Sara Bakke took a shot in the 12thminute, finding the back of the net for the Thunder.
- Less than two minutes later, Wheaton responded with a second goal made by Bailey Wolf.
- Fike took her second shot top right in the 62ndminute, followed by a shot out wide by sophomore midfielder Gabbi Viggiano.
- In the 77thminute, Wheaton's Nicole Wright took a shot to put the Thunder up 3-0.
- Freshman midfielder Gabby Huster took a shot late in the second for an attempt to reduce Wheaton's lead.
- Capital had a total of five shots, two of which were on frame.
- Junior Kelly Bachmann made four saves in 78:36 before being relieved by freshman Lauren White.
- Capital was called for 12 fouls compared to Wheaton's two.
- Wheaton outnumbered the Crusaders 12-1 for corners.
Capital will play Hope College tomorrow at Kerscher Stadium, a neutral site. Kickoff is set at 1:00 p.m.