By: Allison Lowe, assistant sports information director
ADA, Ohio– The Capital women's soccer team topped No. 15 Hope College, 3-0 on Saturday afternoon at Kerscher Stadium. With the win, the Crusaders improve to 2-1-0.
- Senior forward Jordan Fike scored the first goal of the match in the 40th minute. Sophomore forward Olivia Rotolo had the assist, sending the ball down the center to Fike who took a strike, sending the ball over the goalkeeper's head and into the net.
- In the second half, the Crusaders picked up the momentum scoring two additional goals.
- Freshman midfielder Lauren Bowe had her first collegiate goal, nudging the ball into the net off a corner from sophomore midfielder Casey King.
- Late in the game, freshman forward Avery Hart scored the third and final goal of the match off an assist from Fike. This marked Hart's third goal of the season.
- Capital had a total of 14 shots, seven of which were on frame.
- Not only did freshman goalkeeper Lauren White make her first start in goal, but also had a shutout.
- Avery Hart had her third goal of the season.
- Lauren Bowe had her first collegiate goal.
- Capital was called for 12 fouls compared to Hope's four.
Capital Women's Soccer will continue its road matches and play Transylvania University on Sept. 11 at 7:00 p.m.