By: Allison Lowe, assistant sports information director
DELAWARE, Ohio- Capital Women's Soccer fell to Ohio Wesleyan University, 3-1, on Saturday. The Crusaders now sit at 3-2-0.
- Ohio Wesleyan's Ashley Smiley scored in the third minute to put the Battling Bishops on the board.
- The Crusaders had five shots in the first half in an attempt to tie up the score.
- The Battling Bishop's increased its lead by one in the 75th minute.
- Senior Allyssa Kimbler found the back of the net for the Crusaders off a penalty kick in the 84th minute in hopes of evening up the score.
- In the last minute of the match, Ohio Wesleyan scored, walking away with a 3-1 lead.
- Allyssa Kimbler had her second goal of the season and fifth of her career.
- Lauren White started in goal for the second time this season.
- Capital was called for 13 fouls.
- Capital had a total of 25 shots, nine of which were on frame.
Capital (3-2-0) will play another non-conference game on the road against Wittenberg University (2-2-1) tomorrow, Sept. 15. The Crusaders and the Tigers will square off at 3 p.m. on Edwards-Maurer Field.