By: Allison Lowe, assistant sports information director
SPRINGFIELD, Ohio– The Capital women's soccer team picked up a 2-1 win over Wittenberg on Saturday afternoon at Edwards-Maurer Field. With today's win, the Crusaders improve to 4-2-0 on the season.
- The Crusaders and Tigers played a scoreless first half. Capital had several opportunities to put the ball in the net with 10 total shots.
- Capital took the lead early in the second with senior Allyssa Kimbler's penalty kick goal. This is Allyssa's third goal of the season and sixth of her career.
- Wittenberg's Alix Steele tied up the score in the 61stminute
- The Crusaders had eight shots in the remainder of the second in hopes of taking the lead. The Crusaders and Tigers were knotted up 1-1 at the end of regulation.
- Four minutes into the first overtime, senior Carlee Murry chipped a long ball to fellow senior Jordan Fike who scored off a shot from 20 yards out.
- Capital had a total of 26 shots compared to Wittenberg's seven.
- Jordan Fike led the team with six shots on goal.
- Lauren White had three saves.
- Kelly Bachmann earned the win.
- Capital was called for 12 fouls.
Capital will play Kenyon College on Wednesday, Sept. 18 at Bernlohr Stadium. Game time is set for 5 p.m.