By: Allison Lowe, assistant sports information director
COLUMBUS, Ohio- The Capital women's soccer team defeated Hanover College, 4-1 on Saturday afternoon at Bernlohr Stadium. With the win, the Crusaders advance to 6-2-0 overall, while the Panthers fall to 3-3-1.
- The Crusaders had several shots early in the first and secured their first goal of the afternoon in the 32nd minute. Freshman Avery Hart sent a cross ball in front of the net and sophomore Kailey Stanisovska fired the ball passed Hanover's goalkeeper into the back of the net.
- Capital headed into the second with a 1-0 lead against the Panthers.
- Three minutes into the second, senior Jordan Fike was taken down in the box resulting in a penalty kick which was taken by senior Allyssa Kimbler. Kimbler sent the ball into the right corner of the net for the Crusaders second goal of the match.
- In the 61st minute, freshman Avery Hart dribbled the ball from the 25-yard line and took a right footed shot just outside the box. The ball found the lower left corner of the net and the Crusaders went ahead, 3-0.
- Less than five minutes later, Hanover's Bryn Rolfsen scored putting the Panthers on the board.
- Late in the second, Capital scored its final goal of the game. Sophomore Olivia Rotolo dribbled around Hanover's goalkeeper and sent the ball into the back of the net. Crusaders ended the match with a 4-1 lead.
- Capital had a total of 23 shots compared to Hanover's eight.
- Stanisovska's goal was her second of the season and fourth of her career.
- Kimbler had the game-winning goal, her third of the season and sixth career.
- Hart secured her fourth goal of the season.
- Rotolo's goal marked her first of the season and third of her career.
- Junior goalkeeper Kelly Bachmann had four saves and freshman goalkeeper Lauren White had one.
Capital Women's Soccer will host Denison University on Wednesay, Sept. 25 at Bernlohr Stadium. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m.