TBT at Capital University
$2 Million. Winner Takes All!
The Capital Center | Columbus, Ohio
July 20-22, 2018
All tickets can be used as an all-day pass. Re-entry is permitted. Tickets are non-transferable. General admission seating and court-side seating options available, first come, first serve.
Friday, July 20 (2 games) -- buy your tickets now!
Saturday, July 21 (8 games) -- SOLD OUT (online only) *
Saturday's TBT games are currently sold out ONLINE. Tickets are still available for all games at the door. Depending on the game and when you arrive,
quantities may be limited. For those currently holding tickets, please arrive early as seats are allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Single game ticket options for games preceding and following the Scarlet & Gray v. TBD game will be available for purchase in limited quantities at the door.
Tickets for Sunday's games are still available online and at the door.
Sunday, July 22 (4 games) -- buy your tickets now!
WILL CALL is located at the main entrance of The Capital Center on the East Mound Street side of the building.
|Date||Tipoff (ET)||Matchup||TV Coverage|
|Friday, July 20|
|Game 1||6:00PM||#15 Peoria All-Stars vs #18 West Coast Ronin ^||ESPN3|
|Game 2||7:50PM||#16 West Virginia Wildcats vs #17 Charlotte Chess Center ^||ESPN3|
|Saturday, July 21|
|Game 3||8:10AM||#5 Always a Brave (Bradley) vs #12 Primetime Players||ESPN3|
|Game 4||10:00AM||#4 Big X vs #13 Chattanooga Trenches||ESPN3|
|Game 5||12:00PM||#2 Team Fredette vs #15 Peoria All-Stars||ESPN|
|Game 6||2:00PM||#8 Bearcat Jam vs. #9 Matadors (Texas Tech)||ESPN|
|Game 7||4:00PM||#1 Scarlet & Gray (Ohio State) vs #16 West Virginia Wildcats||ESPN|
|Game 8||6:00PM||#7 Zoo Crew vs. #10 Jackson TN Underdawgs||ESPN3|
|Game 9||7:50PM||#6 Fort Wayne Champs vs. #11 The Region||ESPN3|
|Game 10||9:40PM||#3 Hilton Magic Legends (Iowa St) vs #14 Illinois BC||ESPN3|
|Sunday, July 22|
|Game 11||12:00PM||#2 Team Fredette vs #10 Jackson TN Underdawgs||ESPN|
|Game 12||2:00PM||#9 Matadors vs #1 Team Scarlet & Gray||ESPN|
|Game 13||4:00PM||#12 Primetime Players vs #4 Big X||ESPN2|
|Game 14||6:00PM||#6 Fort Wayne Champs vs Illinois BC||ESPN2|
THE FACILITY - THE CAPITAL CENTER
Opened in 2001, the Capital Center is a 126,000-square-foot recreational and athletic complex that includes a 2,100-seat performance arena, a 3,000-seat Bernlohr Stadium, a 51,000-square-foot multipurpose forum, a 5,000-square-foot fitness center, and a multitude of offices, classrooms and hospitality areas.
Fan parking will be available in the S1 and S2 lots on the Capital University campus. Parking is $5 per car. Please see the campus map below for directions to designated lots.
Capital University shall assume no liability or responsibility for theft, damage, or loss that may occur during use of parking facilities or services. Individuals choosing to park at Capital University do so at their own risk. Damage due to, misuse or defacing of Capital University property or facilities is prohibited and subject to citation and/or criminal prosecution.
Campus Map (.pdf)
VISITOR'S GUIDE / CITIES OF BEXLEY AND COLUMBUS
Capital University is nestled in the small village of Bexley and is mere minutes away from Downtown Columbus. For directions to Capital, dining and hospitality options, please click on the links below.
Dining options in Bexley (TripAdvisor)
- Guests should cheer positively for their team and refrain from taunting, threatening, vulgar, abusive, racist, sexist, or demeaning remarks or gestures directed towards the coaches, student-athletes, fans, staff and game officials.
- Guests should respect all facility regulations.
- Guests should sit only in their ticketed seats and show their tickets when requested, should not stand on seats, should not stand in the aisles, should not enter the playing area and should not throw any items onto the playing area.
- Guests should follow all local, state, or federal laws and will follow the instructions of event staff.
- Guests appearing intoxicated, inebriated or showing other signs of impairment related to alcohol consumption or drug use may be denied entry and may be subject to ejection. Intervention with an intoxicated or impaired guest will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
- Guests should wear clothing without obscene or indecent messages. Guests will remove or cover up such clothing deemed offensive or obscene upon request.
Guests are subject to visual inspection of person, parcels, bags, and clothing capable of concealing prohibited items. Guests may refuse inspections but management reserves the right to refuse entry.
As a general rule, any items that obstruct the view of other guests or that can be used as projectiles, that interfere with the comfort of other guests or are deemed inappropriate/hazardous by stadium security are prohibited.
- Large bags and backpacks are NOT permitted inside the arena. Guests with such an item will be instructed to return it to their vehicle. We reserve the right to inspect any and all items – guests who refuse a search may be denied entry.
- Banners, posters and signs
- Poles or sticks
- Outside food and beverages, coolers, bottles and cans are not permitted.
- Any type of laser object is strictly prohibited. Any guest found using such an object is subject to immediate ejection and confiscation of the object. In addition, game delays created by use of such objects could result in a penalty to the home team.
- Noise-making devices are not permitted including but not limited to: horns, whistles, filled milk jugs, and bells. Guests may bring a small portable radio or television as long as they listen with an earpiece or headphones and it doesn’t obstruct other guests or aisle access.
- Animals (except service animals assisting guests with disabilities)
- Fireworks or explosives
- Helium balloons and beach balls
- Illegal Drugs
- Weapons of any kind (can include pocket knives, wallet chains, tools and jewelry)
- Any items that in the judgment of venue management may pose a safety hazard or diminish the enjoyment of an event by other guests.
Re-entry into The Capital Center is permitted with a valid ticket purchase.
All credential requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, ATTN: Jake Pavorsky
Requests will be reviewed by the TBT media relations staff and be administered on a case-by-case basis. Please indicate the following information in your application:
- Full name
- Contact information including best phone number and e-mail address
- Organization(s) that you will be representing
- Team(s) and/or athletes that you will primarily be covering
- Purpose of your coverage of those team(s)/athletes
- Day(s) you will need validated press passes and parking
If you have specific requests regarding a team(s) or athlete(s), please indicate that in your application or address those requests and information to Jake Pavorsky.
Media parking is located in the Capital University visitor parking lot located at the corner of Pleasant Ridge Ave. and East Mound St., between Lohman Hall and Saylor-Ackerman Hall. Please see the links above for the campus map for further directions. Please provide your name to the parking lot attendee for access. (parking lot access will be provided as part of your credential approval)
Credential pickup will be at a designated WILL CALL/MEDIA PICKUP booth located at The Capital Center’s main entrance on the East Mound Street side of the building. Please indicate your name and organization to the attendee. VALID PHOTO ID IS REQUIRED.
Media seating will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Court-side media seating is limited, so please be courteous to other media members following specific teams. Additional media workspace will be provided in a designated booth on the second level viewing area that oversees the court.
Hospitality rooms will be stationed on the second level of The Capital Center outside of the arena entrance. Access is available with valid and visible media credential.
Please note: live video streaming or coverage will not be permitted outside of ESPN. This includes the use of Facebook Live, Instagram Live, Periscope and other live streaming social media channels. Local TV may record video for news-related highlights but may not exceed two (2) minutes in length.
TEAM AND PLAYER INFORMATION
72 teams (18 in each region) will play for $2,000,000. Winner-take-all. The nine (9) teams with the most Supporters in each region as of June 1 at 12p ET get in. Four (4) teams in each region will be chosen at-large. Four (4) teams in each region can buy a slot. The final (1) team will be the 2017 Regional Champion. Regionals: 7/13-7/15 in South (Richmond) & West (LA); and 7/20-7/22 in Northeast (Brooklyn) & Midwest (Columbus). Super 16: Atlanta: 7/26-7/29. Semis & Champs: Baltimore: 8/2 & 8/3. Teams must have 7+ players to be eligible
MORE INFORMATION ON TBT
TBT features a 72-team bracket of top-notch professional basketball, featuring college alumni teams, international basketball stars, ex-NBA players and future NBA players competing in a single-elimination 5-on-5 tournament. Columbus is joined by Los Angeles, New York and Richmond in hosting TBT regionals with the Super 16 in Atlanta and the national semifinals and $2 million championship game in Baltimore. Overseas Elite, a team of American stars currently playing in top leagues around the world, won for the third consecutive year in 2017, and have now taken home an astounding $5 million over three years.